Commercial Business Users: 2019 - 2020
Background & Mission Statement
The Business Constituency represents commercial users of the Internet. The Business Constituency is one of the Constituencies within the Commercial Stakeholder Group (CSG) referred to in Article X.5 of the ICANN bylaws. The Constituency's administrative structure is an elected Executive Committee supported by professional secretariat services and other standing or ad-hoc committees.
The mission of the Business Constituency is to ensure that ICANN policy positions are consistent with the development of an Internet that:
- promotes end-user confidence because it is a safe place to conduct business
- is competitive in the supply of registry and registrar and related services
- is technically stable, secure and reliable.
BC Chair - Claudia Selli (SOI)
Vice Chair Policy Coordination – Steve Del Bianco (SOI)
Vice Chair Finance & Operations – Jimson Olufuye (SOI)
CSG Representative - Barbara Wanner (SOI) BC
GNSO Councilor – Scott McCormick (SOI) – North America / October 2018 – AGM 2020
GNSO Councilor – Marie Pattullo (SOI) – Europe / AGM 2019
- Commercial Business Users Constituency Charter | Approved: June 2017
- More information about the BC including how to join can be found at http://www.bizconst.org
- Wiki – https://community.icann.org/display/gnsobc/Home