Background & Mission Statement
The Business Constituency represents commercial users of the Internet. The Business Constituency is one of the Constituencies within the Commercial Stakeholder Group (CSG) referred to in Article X.5 of the ICANN bylaws. The Constituency's administrative structure is an elected Executive Committee supported by professional secretariat services and other standing or ad-hoc committees.
The mission of the Business Constituency is to ensure that ICANN policy positions are consistent with the development of an Internet that:
- promotes end-user confidence because it is a safe place to conduct business
- is competitive in the supply of registry and registrar and related services
- is technically stable, secure and reliable.
Chair – Elisa Cooper (SOI)
Vice Chair Policy Coordination – Steve Del Bianco (SOI)
Vice Chair Finance & Operations – Chris Chaplow (SOI)
CSG Representative – Marilyn Cade (SOI)
GNSO Counselor – Zahid Jamil (SOI) – AsiaPacific / October 2009 – October 2012
GNSO Counselor – John Berard (SOI) – North America / December 2010 – October 2012
Benedetta Rossi is the BC Secretariat and can be contacted by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Commercial Business Users Constituency Charter | Approved: January 2009
- More information about the BC including how to join can be found at http://www.bizconst.org
- Wiki – https://community.icann.org/display/gnsobc/Home