Commercial Business Users
Background & Mission Statement
The Commercial Business Users Constituency (also known as the Business Constituency, or BC) represents commercial users of the Internet. The Business Constituency is one of the Constituencies within the Commercial Stakeholder Group (CSG) referred to in Article 11.5 of the ICANN bylaws. The Constituency's administrative structure is an elected Executive Committee supported by professional secretariat services and other standing or ad-hoc committees.
The mission of the Business Constituency is to ensure that ICANN policy positions are consistent with the development of an Internet that:
- promotes end-user confidence because it is a safe place to conduct business
- is competitive in the supply of registry and registrar and related services
- is technically stable, secure and reliable.
BC Chair - Mason Cole (SOI)
Vice Chair of Policy Coordination – Steve Del Bianco (SOI)
Vice Chair of Finance & Operations – Lawrence Olawale-Roberts (SOI)
CSG Representative - Waudo Siganga (SOI) BC
GNSO Councilor – Mark Datysgeld (SOI) – Latin AC/ October 2020 – AGM 2022
GNSO Councilor – Marie Pattullo (SOI) – Europe / Europe / October 2019 – AGM 2021
- Commercial Business Users Constituency Charter | Approved: June 2017
- More information about the BC including how to join can be found at www.icannbc.org
- Wiki – https://community.icann.org/display/gnsobc/Home