WHOIS Task Force 3 Teleconference January 14, 2004 - Minutes
GNSO Constituency representatives:
GNSO Secretariat: Glen de Saint Géry
Brian Darville proposed the following agenda:
Item 1. ccTLDs Questions from Brian Darville
a) What steps do you currently take to verify the accuracy of collected WHOIS data?
It was suggested that Sarah Deutsch's 8th question be added to the list.
Ken Stubbs suggested contacting other ccTLD regional organizations.
The questions were approved by the task force.
Brian Darville suggested contacting the GNSO Council ccTLD liaison concerning a wide distribution of the questions.
Item 2. Sarah Deutsch's questions:
Brian Darville referred to the following list of general survey questions for other industries regarding their handling the accuracy of data in online transactions submitted by Sarah Deutsch.
1. What steps do you take to verify the accuracy of data that is submitted to your company as part of an online transaction?
There was general consensus on the questions and they were approved.
Item 3: Identifying other companies to check their data verification procedure
Brian Darville referred to the following list he submitted of several industries, companies and other sources that might be surveyed in connection with data gathering regarding WHOIS data accuracy practices by other online service providers.
1) Telecommunications/Cellular - AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, British Telecom, Nortel
Ken Stubbs commented that Banking/Financial Services were off scale relative to what was required from the task force. It was suggested that the cellular telephone industry should be surveyed.
1. Brian Darville: circulate revised list of companies adding Internet Service Providers and web hosting companies.
2. Ross Rader: Provide information on pingid.com
4. Respond to the circulated revised list e-mail where task force members have contacts that they could focus on to in the relevant company to get the relevant information.
5. Finalize the survey and the companies.
Brian Darville thanked everyone for their presence and participation and ended the call at 16:50 UTC.
Next call: Wednesday 21 January 15:00 UTC, 10:00 EST, 7:00 Los Angeles, 16:00 CET.