Expression of Interest - GNSO Non-Registry Liaison to the Customer Standing Committee
The Generic Names Supporting Organization (GNSO) is seeking to select a volunteer to fill a vacancy for the role of GNSO Non-Registry Liaison to the Customer Standing Committee (CSC). Any member of a GNSO Stakeholder Group/Constituency, except the Registries Stakeholder Group (RySG), is eligible to apply for this role. Candidates must complete the application form and submit it by email, along with a resume, CV, or biography, to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, 07 December 2020 at 23:59 UTC.
The CSC has been established to ensure the satisfactory performance of the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) naming function.
The CSC monitors Public Technical Identifiers' (PTI) performance of the IANA naming function by analyzing performance reports on a monthly basis and publishing its findings. It is authorized to undertake remedial action to address poor performance, and if performance issues are not remedied, the CSC is authorized to escalate the performance issues to the ccNSO and GNSO for consideration. Additionally, the CSC may recommend changes to the naming Service Level Expectations as well as enhancements to the provision of the IANA naming services.
Per the CSC Charter, the GNSO has the opportunity to appoint a non-registry liaison to the CSC. There is currently a vacancy for this role, which the GNSO Council is seeking to fill through an Expression of Interest process.
Skills and Experience
Candidate are expected to meet the following criteria:
- Direct experience and knowledge of the IANA naming function
- Analytical skills, ability to interpret quantitative and qualitative evidence, and capacity to draw conclusions purely based on evidence
- Experience in managing and/or participating in committees (e.g. meeting coordination, reporting and escalation) in order to contribute meaningfully to CSC processes
- Demonstrated ability in relationship management to support diplomatic discussion, consensus driven decision making and productive negotiation
- Able to work and communicate in written and spoken English
- Commits to actively participate in the activities of the CSC on an on-going basis
The GNSO Council has tasked the GNSO Standing Selection Committee (SSC) with evaluating the Expressions of Interest according to the criteria in the EOI with the objective of making a recommendation by full consensus to the GNSO Council. The GNSO Council will review the SSC's recommendation and make a final decision.