RE: [ga] Call for Elimination of AGP

  • To: "Roberto Gaetano" <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>, <chris@xxxxxx>, "Ross Rader" <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] Call for Elimination of AGP
  • From: "Dominik Filipp" <dominik.filipp@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 10:24:25 +0200

Roberto,

I am deeply disappointed by this your post. Do you really think there
has not been enough facts and evidence provided here worth listening to
and being seriously considered? The GA is primarily a mailing list, not
a survey, not a straw poll or any similar executive body with such
authority legitimately granted or delegated. Collecting and hunting for
consensus, initiating and organizing surveys and straw polls is
therefore not the major task of mailing lists in the first place.
Providing the GNSO with thoughts, ideas, facts and evidence is the task
of the GA list in the first place.
Sure, the GA is a standard mailing list and different people with
different opinions, attitudes and motivations can subscribe here. But it
is the duty of the GNSO to extract valuable ideas from the
contributions. Saying that the comments collected on the GA are not
worth considering for any other reason but the lack of evidence provided
just proves incapability to cope with real bottom-up process with all
its natural difficulties.

I and some others here on the GA are struggling to collect facts and
evidence and to elaborate on the issue considering those facts. This can
be proven by number of posts sent on the list recently. Just read the
recent posts sent on the GA and other domain tasting related mailing
lists. And I am expecting similarly exact responses based on facts and
evidence and not on wishes, feelings, impressions, and hidden intents.

We DO have a survey result regarding the AGP concept. The result of the
official survey conducted directly by the GNSO in the beginning of the
first comment period on Domain Tasting issue. The result that clearly
demonstrates a major public interest in eliminating the AGP. The result
that has not been seriously considered and discussed in the GNSO yet!
What would you then expect from us?

To be perfectly honest, Roberto, I have absolutely no idea what you are
talking about.

Dominik