Re: [ga] Call for Elimination of AGP

  • To: "Roberto Gaetano" <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Ross Rader'" <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Call for Elimination of AGP
  • From: <chris@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 03:55:09 -0400

It's funny you say that Roberto. ICANN eliminated the GA so where can we choose that chairperson, have real debate, and do polls that ICANN will pay attention to? When there was a GA, there was very very strong public consensus on many issues that ICANN ignored entirely. We had working groups. We had debates. We had chairpersons. We had consensus. ICANN still chose to ignore all of it. So show me ANY proof ICANN listens to the public or the GA. SHow me decisions that have been made because of recommendations from this list or from the public comments.

When new TLDs were proposed the public comments almost all were for creating more tlds. ICANN chose not to do so. When ICANN stole dot biz, public consensus was against it, but ICANN stole Leah's TLD anyway. On raising the prices for dot com domain names, public consensus was against it. ICANN signed the deal with verisign anyway. There are so many examples where there has been overwhelming support or nonsupport for something that ICANN went the other direction with that to list them all would be time consuming and long.

ICANN from the very beginning was to have the initial board for one year, then hold elections. Where are those elections Roberto? When will they be held? Have I missed them?

Nothing has changed due to bottom up consensus. I ask for examples. Roberto, to pretend that ICANN would listen to anyone from the public is just completely deceptive on your part or totally naive. Which is it?

Chris McElroy, NameCritic, Inc.
http://mortgageandrealestateblog.com/

----- Original Message ----- From: "Roberto Gaetano" <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>