Re: [ga] Call for Elimination of AGP

  • To: <chris@xxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Call for Elimination of AGP
  • From: Ross Rader <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 15:46:20 -0400

I think eliminating it is pretty harsh, but I agree with most of your concerns with the current proposals. My preference would instead be to limit the AGP to a very short period (i.e. less than 24 hours) so that mistakes can still be fixed, but that the potential for abuse is kept to an absolute minimum. Mistakes do happen, and speaking as someone who inadvertently let loose a test script on the registry and registered hundreds of useless names, I would like to keep the potential to fix these types of mistakes when they occasionally happen. I'm less concerned about fraud because this is something that we can actively control through tight monitoring and screening of credit cards, etc.