Jaime Wagner Statement of Interest
Jaime Wagner - Internet Service and Connectivity Providers Constituency
I have no employment, contract, financial interest or other business relationship with ICANN or any of its contracted parties.
- Partner and director at PowerSelf Ltd. (www.powerself.com.br), a Brazilian training and tools company focusing on personal productivity.
- Angel investor at Vakinha (www.vakinha.com.br), a web 2.0 venture.
- CEO at Plug In, a former ISP focusing on Hosting Services and Data Center Operations. On December 2007, Plug In sold its operations to UOL and signed Technology Transfer and Operations contracts that finished on December 2010. From then on, Plug In has no operations.
- Vice-president and Coordinator of the Technology Division at Federasul (www.federasul.com.br), the Federation of the Chambers of Commerce of the State of Rio Grande do Sul;
- Director at Internetsul (www.internetsul.org.br), ISPs association of the southern states of Brazil.
- Council member of SEPRORGS (www.seprorgs.org.br), the Employer Association for the IT Industry in the State of Rio Grande do Sul.
- Council member of FAPERGS (www.fapergs.rs.gov.br), a State of Rio Grande do Sul government foundation for the support of research & development.
- Chairman of the Board of CAPEM (Self-regulatory Code for the Practice of E-mail Marketing - www.capem.org.br), a joint initiative of ISPs, Mailers, Consumers and Advertisers Associations.
- Director at SUCESU-RS (www.rs.sucesu.org.br/), IT Business Users Association of Rio Grande do Sul.
- Director at Junior Achievement – RS (www.ja.org) the world’s largest organization dedicated to educating students about workforce readiness, entrepreneurship and financial literacy.
- Electronic Engineer (1976) and Computer Science Masters Degree (1978) by UFRGS.
Professional and Institutional Career
- Professor at UFRGS IT Institute (1977-1998) www.inf.ufrgs.br
- Founder and Chairman of Digitel SA (1978-1992) www.digitel.com.br a digital communications manufacturer.
- Founder of Altus SA (1983) www.altus.com.br , an automation manufacturer and services company.
- Chairman of the IT Division of FIERGS (1983-1987) www.fiergs.org.br , Industry Federation of Rio Grande do Sul.
- Director at ABICOMP (1983-1986), Brazilian Association of the IT Industry.
- Founder and Director of Treinar Ltd. (1993-1996), a training company focusing on telecommunications and data communications.
- Founder and Director at Presenta Ltd. (1993-1997) www.presentamultimidia.com.br , a small business of sales and rental of projectors.
- ISP Representative at CGI (2008-March 2011) www.cgi.br , Brazilian Internet Steering Committee.