Re: [ga] RE: GA irrelevant

  • Subject: Re: [ga] RE: GA irrelevant
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 08:11:54 -0400

Hi,

Have you send in letter to the NCSG Executive Committee outlining the basis of
your application as indicated in http://gnso.icann.org/non-commercial/?

Noncommercial individuals have been joining through the NCUC (now part of the
NCSG) - I see new individual members all the time, I have seen only
organizational members coming directly to the NCSG.  For a while the address on
the wed site was wrong, but that has since been corrected.

There are currently over 100 individual members who have come into the NCSG
through NCUC.  It is true we are still running under a transitional charter and
plan, and our charter is currently being voted on by the membership. It is
possible that at the end the day, the Board could deny our charter, which
includes individual noncommercial members, but I am counting against that
happening as the current Board seems to strongly favor bottom-up processe.
Time will tell as it most always does.

a.