Re: [ga] RE: GA irrelevant

  • Subject: Re: [ga] RE: GA irrelevant
  • From: Joop Teernstra <terastra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 20:26:12 +1200

Roberto,

Your reply to Sotiris only reached me through his response, but I cannot leave it uncommented.

The way to petition for the formation of a constituency is on ICANN's web
site, the fact that you do not know it is speaking volumes.

The whole problem is that ICANN even asks for a renewed "petition to form a constituency".

Registrants *are* a logical constituency , much more so than, say, the IP "constituency", and ICANN knows this, but does not want to let its Board formally acknowledge it.

George and Sotiris are right about the further hoops organizers have to jump though.

You did not answer my question about how to motivate prospective representatives in the face of the massive existing demotivation of having to try this all over again and for no real result.

Joop

----- Original Message ----- From: <sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>