Re: [ga] Re: Root server traffic

  • To: peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Re: Root server traffic
  • From: Joe Baptista <baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 00:47:21 -0500

Peter Dambier wrote:

I have seen a server from microsoft who claims to be
authoritative for ".local".

LOCAL.     NS     CPIPSDNSP01.PHX.GBL
GBL.       NS     CPIPSDNSP01.PHX.GBL

207.68.160.190    CPIPSDNSP01.PHX.GBL

Yup - that another big one. The LOCAL tld must by now be hugh in traffic. As you know Peter the public root we have developed is the only one to see the microsoft TLDs. And lets not forget localhost which is also a Public Root tld. How ICANN can avoid answering LOCALHOST questions is beyond me.

I must say it's a blast to run your own root when you know what your doing. ICANN must really get up to speed on this sort of thing. Unfortunately I have to agree with the majority opinion I have seen repeated here constantly. ICANN as we have heard over and over again from others is not about technical competence and all about greed.

God does not approve.

regards
joe

--
Joe Baptista                                www.publicroot.org
PublicRoot Consortium

begin:vcard
fn:Joe Baptista
n:Baptista;Joe
org:PublicRoot Consortium
adr:;;963 Ford Street;Peterborough;Ontario;K9J 5V5 ;Canada
email;internet:baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:PublicRoot Representative
tel;fax:+1 (509) 479-0084
tel;cell:+1 (416) 912-6551