Re: [ga] Re: Root server traffic

  • To: Joe Baptista <baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Re: Root server traffic
  • From: Ross Rader <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 11:31:12 -0500

On 22-Nov-07, at 11:24 AM, Joe Baptista wrote:

I don't think it says anything about errors being bad.

Whatever.

"Broken queries are swamping US Internet servers with unnecessary traffic. A detailed analysis of 152 million messages received on Oct. 4, 2002 by one of the root servers in California showed that only 2 per cent of the queries were legitimate."

It certainly doesn't say anything about errors being good either. If any reader came away from your article with the impression that errors were a natural part of the architecture, I'd be shocked.

Ross Rader
Director, Retail Services
t. 416.538.5492
c. 416.828.8783
http://www.domaindirect.com

"To solve the problems of today, we must focus on tomorrow."
- Erik Nupponen