Re: [ga] Re: Root server traffic

  • To: Ross Rader <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Re: Root server traffic
  • From: Joe Baptista <baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 14:22:49 -0500

Ross Rader wrote:

On 22-Nov-07, at 11:24 AM, Joe Baptista wrote:

I don't think it says anything about errors being bad.

Whatever.

"Broken queries are swamping US Internet servers with unnecessary traffic. A detailed analysis of 152 million messages received on Oct. 4, 2002 by one of the root servers in California showed that only 2 per cent of the queries were legitimate."

It certainly doesn't say anything about errors being good either. If any reader came away from your article with the impression that errors were a natural part of the architecture, I'd be shocked.

No it does not. The article mainly shows a trend away from the IANA root servers.

So are you going to call up CAIDA and inform yourself? Get a copy of that report? Or are you just making chit chat.

I tried looking for it myself at CAIDA and it was not found. I wonder where it went?

regards
joe baptista

p.s. I think thats my message limit for the day - so to all a good day.

--
Joe Baptista                                www.publicroot.org
PublicRoot Consortium

begin:vcard
fn:Joe Baptista
n:Baptista;Joe
org:PublicRoot Consortium
adr:;;963 Ford Street;Peterborough;Ontario;K9J 5V5 ;Canada
email;internet:baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:PublicRoot Representative
tel;fax:+1 (509) 479-0084
tel;cell:+1 (416) 912-6551