RE: [ga] Domain Tasting Reopened for Public Comments

  • To: "Roberto Gaetano" <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>, <chris@xxxxxx>, <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <nhklein@xxxxxxx>, <carlos.souza@xxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] Domain Tasting Reopened for Public Comments
  • From: "Dominik Filipp" <dominik.filipp@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 11:10:53 +0200

Roberto,

Let me give a say on this. I'll try to be perfectly honest in my
thoughts here.

First, I used a relatively soft wording 'we on the GNSO GA, however,
believe' and not that 'we all or mostmany of us are
convinced/persuaded/sure', or a similarly stronger statement. In
contrast to Debbie, however, I know for fact I am by no means the only
one supporting such a position. Just go through the posts on the GA and
you'll find others who share the similar view.

Second, I did not ask NCUC to revise their position as you state but I
wrote in MY personal capacity and in a very polite tone that 'I would be
very pleased if NCUC could reconsider its position'. In fact, except of
the very first wording mentioned and explained above all other sentences
in that post, except the very last one, use 'I' and are therefore worded
as presenting my view.

Your sentence 'statement made in the original post is incorrect' is out
of merit because it is not a statement at all. That my post is an
unusually polite appeal to look into the merit of domain tasting
properly as I am pretty convinced NCUC owes to the community it
advocates.

As regards your mention about a possible straw poll on the GA; are you
really interested in what people here are thinking about it? Did you ask
the GNSO why they did not consider the official GNSO straw poll results,
the only so far gathered measurable pattern of public opinion on this,
in the Final Report? Or is this all yet another attempt to confuse and
discourage us here?

I would be really happy if we as well as you could look into the merit
of the problem finally instead of this childish fighting.

Howgh

Dominik