Re: [ga] chaos and confusion on this mailing list

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] chaos and confusion on this mailing list
  • From: "Simon Schuster" <significants@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 20:04:37 -0700

No, just a probably illegal pen-name :) luckily I sell my books
on-the-cheap under my trenchcoat.

I found it about a year ago, and I think my interest must have
sprouted out of my starting to study modern hebrew, and thinking up a
couple TLDs I would really like instead of קום and ורג and נט or
however they'd do com, net, and org respectively. I believe that they
are flattened, and 1. I would like there to be international TLDs, and
2. I would like the TLDs to be culturally/linguistically significants.
for instance, the one idea I can remember coming up for hebrew TLD is
שלי which is the conjugated preposition "of", in the me form... so
basically blahblah.mine :)

just a little bit of a big question. :) but, I think the unicode issue
is Severe, and requires address, even though I believe it to be an
issue beyond our scope. I think it's an issue of "globalization" which
has required address for awhile, and is coming to a head in this
specific realm. So congratulations and good luck to all involved here,
because this is the happenstance tip of the iceberg. Keep good ethics
and a positive mindset.

That's really my only stance, and I stand by it. I believe that if
there are international TLDs, that every language/culture should
decide their own TLDs, rather than transliterating the completely
useless net/com/org.