Re: [ga] chaos and confusion on this mailing list

  • To: ga the DNSO <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] chaos and confusion on this mailing list
  • From: Andy Gardner <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 19:52:23 -0500

On Oct 3, 2007, at 7:17 PM, Debbie Garside wrote:

This was not helping anyone - stakeholders or ICANN policymakers.

And nothing will change until stakeholders actually get to vote for representatives on ICANN's board.

The whole thing went downhill exactly when a "top down" Navy man was put in charge of the "bottom up" ICANN process, and special commercial interests were allowed to block stakeholders from every getting representation.

8 years later and we still haven't seen any progress. We are powerless. This list is an outlet for our anger, because it's all we have left.