Re: GA "Election" was fake, ignore the "results" ( was Re: [ga] Elections Results - vote count)

  • To: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: GA "Election" was fake, ignore the "results" ( was Re: [ga] Elections Results - vote count)
  • From: Ross Rader <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 19:05:44 -0400

George Kirikos wrote:
Hello,

Here's the thing George...

... I don't believe that Hugh Dieker is any more the chair of the GA than Harry Potter or Jeff Williams (to use some fictitious examples)...

...but Council has ratified the list charter, rules, etc. as proposed to them a few weeks ago.

What obviously hasn't been sorted out is the who's who within the power structure. i.e. who is the legimate chair of the GA list (i.e. supreme list moderator). So I'd say, if there are still people on this list that are serious about using the GA mailing list as a forum for inter-constituency and interested stakeholder dialogue, then identify yourself and we'll figure out what to do about the k00k factor. If no one feels passionately about this, then let the k00ks have their fun. I learned from Jeff Williams a long time ago that you can take away the list, but you can't take away email. They'll always be part of the scene. We'll just have to make the best of it.

Ross Rader
Director, Retail Services
Tucows Inc.

http://www.domaindirect.com