[ga] The Serious People -- identify yourself

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] The Serious People -- identify yourself
  • From: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 11:09:56 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

--- Ross Rader <ross@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> list moderator). So I'd say, if there are still people on this list
that
> are serious about using the GA mailing list as a forum for
> inter-constituency and interested stakeholder dialogue, then identify
> yourself and we'll figure out what to do about the k00k factor. If no
> one feels passionately about this, then let the k00ks have their fun.

Ok, let's start identifying ourselves:

1) George Kirikos

Feel free to add yourselves to the list of participants.

By the way, I'd still consider the proposal of yesterday an alternate
route:

namely having multiple lists (and renaming this mailing list, if it is
to continue in any form, to something more descriptive of its true
nature).

What happens to folks who don't self identify themselves? Purge them
from the mailing list as being inactive? (conceivably, on an annual
basis, the mailing list could reconfirm subscribers, thus ensuring that
everyone who is subscribed is at least "semi-active", in that they
renewed their subscription on an active basis, instead of passively
lurking for years)

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.kirikos.com/