[ga] Investigating a RUMF? (was IDN issues (was: On Elections))

  • To: Andy Gardner <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Investigating a RUMF? (was IDN issues (was: On Elections))
  • From: JFC Morfin <jefsey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2007 00:10:23 +0200

On 20:23 06/10/2007, Andy Gardner said:
On Oct 6, 2007, at 7:54 AM, Debbie Garside wrote:
What a shame JFC that you continue to cybersquat wldc.org

That's what the UDRP process is for, apparently. Use it, if you want
to start throwing around the "cybersquatting" word.

This is a very sensible advice. Thank you.for reminding us.

Now, if I am correct an UDRP costs around $ 4500? This is an amount most of us could not pay should we legitimately need it. Could we investigate a Registrant UDRP Mutual Fund (RUMF)?

When someone thinks he is entitled to UDRP someone else and has not the money for it, she could document her claim and send it to the Fund's experts. The Fund would decide if the case can win and would pay for the UDRP. This would increase the credibility of the DNS. This could be something for a new IDNO like proposition, if Roberto's proposition goes through?

This fund could be filled with meny coming UDRP fees. It is likely that accepted files could be negociated without UDRP reducing the total UDRP cost.

jfc