RE: [ga] On Elections

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [ga] On Elections
  • From: "Sotiris Sotiropoulos" <sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 15:42:41 -0700 (PDT)

> Dear Sotiris
>
> Calling yourself Chair is not helping matters.  If you really want to
> change
> things it is within your power to do so providing you gain enough support
> from the list.

But My Dear Debbie,

The GA ML has a history, I don't think we need to re-live it.  I would
love to sit around and have a group hug at this point, but the fact is
that while we are playing King/Queen of the Mountain there are potentially
billions of ways we could be making useful contributions to this list.  I
want to thank Andy Gardner for teaching me something about IDN and ascii
issues that I didn't know...  I want to thank Danny Younger for his
tireless, one could say almost obsessive pre-occupation with things ICANN
and for keeping us informed about matters that come to his attention and
that he feels we should know about.  I want to thank Ross Rader for still
being on this ML and even contributing from time to time, that is simply
amazing!  In short, I want to say that far from disbanding this list, it
is time to realize its actual potential.  Do you have any idea how much
expertise is represented on this list?  I think it's pretty safe to say
that after 8 years of existence this ML community has matured to a point
where knowledge has an open arena... shall we not make use of it in an
ordered, measured, thoughtful way?

So Debbie, how do you feel about such an enterprise?

Sotiris Sotiropoulos
Chair