Re: [ga] Chair election dates

Rod and all,

  Yes I have some thoughts, Rod.

  I agree that a 6 month term is too short to be effective, contrary to
Joop's suggestion and/or assertion.

  As there had already been elections for Chair and the GA was once
a entragal part of the than DNSO, it would seem at least unseemly and
disingenuous if at this time that a resurgence of the GA via self organization
were thwarted, especially given recent events, i.e. RegistryFly and GoDaddy.

  I believe it is however worth asking for some support statement
from any member of the GNSO council...

roddixon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I'll second the motion with the condition that the GA membership has not
> already approved of the 6 month term that Joop (Hello Joop!) referred to.
>
> As a follow on to the other question I raised, I would like to call
> attention section 5.9 of the ICANN by-laws (Feb 2006 version). I am far
> from an expert on corporate by-laws, but it appears that the GNSO council
> has some delegated authority over the GA list. It might help provide
> support for this current effort to self-organize if a council member or
> ICANN board member offered support for this effort. It may be the case
> that the election of a chair (and any action connected to it) could be
> deemed invalid, if the GNSO is not supportive. Thoughts anyone?
>
> Rod
>
> > Good point Rod. I want to make a motion that the term of office for chair
> > and vice chair 1 year. Any seconds? Do we need to vote on this or is a
> > motion good enough?

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827