Re: [ga] Chair election dates

I'll second the motion with the condition that the GA membership has not
already approved of the 6 month term that Joop (Hello Joop!) referred to.

As a follow on to the other question I raised, I would like to call
attention section 5.9 of the ICANN by-laws (Feb 2006 version). I am far
from an expert on corporate by-laws, but it appears that the GNSO council
has some delegated authority over the GA list. It might help provide
support for this current effort to self-organize if a council member or
ICANN board member offered support for this effort. It may be the case
that the election of a chair (and any action connected to it) could be
deemed invalid, if the GNSO is not supportive. Thoughts anyone?

Rod