RE: [ga] Time to bring back the vote

  • To: dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [ga] Time to bring back the vote
  • From: "Roberto Gaetano" <ploki_xyz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 11:38:47 +0000
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi, Danny.

Are you suggesting that ICANN applies the same rules that Nominet applies for membership and elections? I suggest you check below before answering.

http://www.nominet.org.uk/governance/members/

Cheers,
Roberto

From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ga] Time to bring back the vote
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 06:59:00 -0700 (PDT)

Kieren McCarthy contrasts the completely open and
transparent elections at Nominet with the
ultra-secretive process used to select ICANN Board
members.

See
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/09/18/nominet_icann_boards/

Any large international firm can hold a worldwide
shareholder's vote and elect directors to a board.  So
why is ICANN unwilling to let it's pool of registrants
elect their own directors?  Why must we put up with
this hidden-from-view back-room approach?