Re: [ga] Re: [governance] Establishment of the European Regional At-Large Organizaton

.. but, once the gates are open, the fault of this only lies with those who don't bother to participate.

Those who are given a toy steering wheel are not driving the automobile even if they do participate.

The ALAC is a toy.

And the ALAC is not merely a toy, it is also a badge of subordination and inferiority. While selected industrial actors get access to the real steering wheel of ICANN, the ALAC seems happy to accept a powerless third class status.

No, I will not bother to cooperate with the ALAC. Indeed it is my feeling that the ALAC should be recognized for what it was intended to be: a childrens' playpen to keep "individuals" quiet.

I know that some are trying your best to make good of a bad situation. And for that they deserve credit for having hope.

I, however, am not going to eat ICANN's ALAC garbage and pretend that it is tasty and nutritious.

		--karl--