Re: [ga] Re: [governance] Establishment of the European Regional At-Large Organizaton

Danny Younger ha scritto:
Vittorio,

This European Regional At-Large Organization that you
are building needs a better name... perhaps you can
call it EU ISOC & Friends as it is completely captured
by ISOC (with seven out of its eight structures being
ISOC chapters).

The funny thing is that, more or less at the same time, I've received a message from an officer of an ISOC chapter, saying "why is ICANN doing this - we don't need the At Large, it should be the European council of ISOC chapters to do this".

The truth is that we are trying to create an open mechanism where everyone - ISOC chapters, other organizations, and individuals - can participate. If only certain kinds of organizations use it, then of course they will dominate the mechanism; but, once the gates are open, the fault of this only lies with those who don't bother to participate.
--
vb. [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<-----
http://bertola.eu.org/ <- Prima o poi...