Re: "stakeholders" was: Re: [ga] Re: ICANN before the US Senate...

Dear Leah,
why not just consider what we are refering to?

If we consider the internet system, everyone on the planet is interested.

If we consider the governance of their consensus we are in a post-democratic approach where the concerned and competent have a natural duty to defend, represent, support the interests of the whole community: we started naming them the @large members of the internet governance.

If you consider the ICANN system: it is the NTIA (with GAC foreign partners) sponsorded management of the Arpanet Legacy and of its foreign allies (ccTLD alliance), there are two aspects:.
- those who share in its structural decision process (BoD, Staff, Constituencies): they are globally called the ICANN community and the stakeholders when they are "community correct". In usual terms this is the nomenclatura.
- there are those who use (beneifit/oppose) ICANN for some reasons sharing in its concerns but not necessrilly in its solutions. In usual terms the intelligencia. No name has been given to them and the only space left to them is the GA. You can also name them activists.

jfc