Re: 'stakeholders' was: Re: [ga] Re: ICANN before the US Senate...

Eric and all former DNSO GA members or other interested parties,

Eric Dierker wrote:

> Some think that only money talks. Not true.  Our global community is far
> beyond that concept now.

  No, and I have never stated such.  You are attributing a thinking process
that I do not believe in nor have ever stated as "ONLY"...

> We are learning to care.

  Care is very good.  Care with money is better.  Good care can be had
for free, but better care usually costs money.  >:)

> A Vietnamese or a mandarin does not say please and an American Piute or a
> Mongolian say only thankyou with gestures or grunts.
> Northern Hispanics love to say por favor and gracias as my Arizonans live on
> thank you and "please Mam" and "howdy".  With the upright English it is a
> broad tip of hat and with India a rolling of a hand.

  And I always say thank you when I receive my military retirement
check and other benefits.  Your point is?

> Useage of language is everyones' right. Written, spoken or internet we are
> learning that victors right not just more rich.

  "Rich" in and of itself and as  you use it here is a relative term.  So,
please try to remember that.  Shoe shine boys can become stakeholders
as I briefly stated below in my previous comments.  They only need to
belly up to the bar to become such.  Limited resources, contrived
or otherwise are not free, having a "Stake" is also not free, but it is
also not necessarily expensive, and does not require any shoe shine boy
to be "Rich" in terms of money.  But may require a "Richness" in
attitude and determination.

> >   No Eric, it is obvious that users, Domain Name holders,
> >stock holders in Internet industry companies, and governments
> > are the stakeholders that ICANN and each other recognize
> > as actual stakeholders, meaning individuals or entities of
> > various types.  Shoe shine boys don't qualify Eric.  But
> > they can!  To do so means that they must belly up to
> > the bar so to speak.
> >
> > Eric Dierker wrote:
> >
> >> linguistics and philosophists tend to argue this point,
> >> it is a grouping that makes a difference. And that is cool.
> >> A stakeholder is far different in Tibet, Iraq, Hopi and NY.
> >> Therefor our language base must be cognizant of differing concepts. In
> >> other words all people are stakeholders in our internet.
> >> Eric

    Pierre Abelard
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 214-244-3801