Re: 'stakeholders' was: Re: [ga] Re: ICANN before the US Senate...

Eric and all former DNSO GA members or other interested parties,

 Duh! No kidding! Gee I didn't know that, Eric!

  In any event, or in other words, your contention is one that
even non-users are stakeholders.  I would agree, as I know
many of our members do.  But, again what does that have
to do with using the term "Stakeholders" as Karl suggested
should be abandon?

  No Eric, it is obvious that users, Domain Name holders,
stock holders in Internet industry companies, and governments
are the stakeholders that ICANN and each other recognize
as actual stakeholders, meaning individuals or entities of
various types.  Shoe shine boys don't qualify Eric.  But
they can!  To do so means that they must belly up to
the bar so to speak.

Eric Dierker wrote:

> linguistics and philosophists tend to argue this point,
> it is a grouping that makes a difference. And that is cool.
> A stakeholder is far different in Tibet, Iraq, Hopi and NY.
> Therefor our language base must be cognizant of differing concepts.
> In other words all people are stakeholders in our internet.
> Eric
>
> > Leah, Karl, and all former DNSO GA members or other interested parties,
> >
> >   I agree with you here as "People" in this construct is misleading
> > as to whom AND what IS a Stakeholder.  Stakeholders, are not
> > JUST individual "People" they are also entities that encompass
> > many individual "People" in various groups or groupings/entities
> > as well.

    Pierre Abelard
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 214-244-3801