Re: "stakeholders" was: Re: [ga] Re: ICANN before the US Senate...

Karl,
What would you use in the place of the term stakeholder to describe those
who have an interest in ICANN's decision making?

To me, it is simply a misuse of the term by ICANN that is the problem, not
the term itself.  You are correct.  Everyone is affected by the internet
and everyone affected is a stakeholder.  ICANN chooses to ignore the vast
majority of us.  If ICANN should state that my name is not Leah but yours
is Leah, does that mean the name Leah should be dropped because ICANN has
misused it?  I'm still Leah.

If we were to describe those whom we now call stakeholders as "users."
How would that change anything?  Every stakeholder is a user and every
user is a stakeholder.

The question still remains as to how those affected can or will have a
voice in decision making and elect directors to the Board.  Shall we call
ourselves "netizens" instead?  Wouldn't that exclude all those who do not
use the internet directly, but are still affected by it?

Leah