Re: [ga] Re: NTIA/DoC and DoJ bitch slap ICANN over new gTLDs!!!

  • To: Joe Baptista <baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Re: NTIA/DoC and DoJ bitch slap ICANN over new gTLDs!!!
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 02:41:33 -0800

Dr. Joe and all,

  Nice complete answer.  Of course, user can be the winners.  But
as you already know, many have not been thus far in respect to
some of the policies, or lack there of, of ICANN.

  Right now, with a world wide economic crisis, part of which
can be laid at the door of ICANN's poor managment policies,
and more importantly, practices, makes for a situation were as
you IMO rightly point out where well funded organization(s)
have a golden opertunity.  But will or do they wish to take it?
And if so, will the product/service be broadly excpeted?  My
guess is that there will be as I felt back in 2000, many different
organizations taking advantage of what opertunity is avaliable.
My more important question is, whom takes over for the current
legacy Internet even with or if IPv6 gains acceptance?