[ga] RIAA Claim of Stopping Suits "Months" Ago Is False

  • To: Ga <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, GAC Rep <ssene@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, ICANN Policy staff <policy-staff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] RIAA Claim of Stopping Suits "Months" Ago Is False
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 02:38:32 -0800

All,

  Well here we go again!  How in the heck can anyone trust
the RIAA, and ICANN's IPC when they enguage in this sort
of nonsense.  Answer:  They can't be trusted...

See:
NewYorkCountryLawyer writes "According to a report on Wired.com, the
RIAA spokesman claimed that the RIAA has
http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2008/12/no-isp-filterin.html
not filed any new lawsuits 'for months,' and according to the Wall
Street Journal report
http://news.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/12/19/131227&tid=123
discussed here yesterday, the RIAA stopped filing mass lawsuits 'early
this fall.' Knowing that the RIAA has a problem with telling the truth,
I did a little investigating, and found out that the RIAA had, in fact,
http://recordingindustryvspeople.blogspot.com/2008_12_01_archive.html#1104859189661357526
commenced a wave of lawsuits just last week. Why would anyone believe
anything their spokesperson says? This is an organization that has a
http://recordingindustryvspeople.blogspot.com/2008_01_01_archive.html#7965277016390095399
tendency to misspeak a lot, if you know what I mean, even when under
oath." CNet has a copy of
http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-10127050-93.html
the RIAA's new form letter that it will ask ISPs to pass on to alleged
copyright-infringing users. It says, in part, "This letter does not
constitute a waiver of our members' rights to recover or claim relief
for damages incurred by this illegal activity, nor does it waive the
right to bring legal action against the user at issue for engaging
in music theft."

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 284k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln
"YES WE CAN!"  Barack ( Berry ) Obama

jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Phone: 214-244-4827