Re: Re[2]: [ga] domain tastinmg comments

  • To: "Shane Kinsch" <shane.kinsch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Re[2]: [ga] domain tastinmg comments
  • From: <chris@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 11:15:28 -0400

Again, I do not understand the relationship between stolen credit cards to the
AGP. About the double opt-in, you could not have put it better. The only reason
that registrars do not want that kind of system is because domain names are
sometimes an impulse buy and the registrars feel they might lose sales because
someone had second thoughts. However, if they have second thoughts now, they
have 5 days to drop it, so the registrars are better off with double opt-in
because if the user has second thoughts, they have them right then, not 5 days
later. Double opt-in can be done with a second confirmation page. That works
fine. Either way, they get a chance to check to make sure they are registering
the name they want.

Chris McElroy