Re: [ga] Re: Proposal: Establishing a Registrant Advisory Committee

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, DOC/NTIA ICANN Rep <aheineman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Re: Proposal: Establishing a Registrant Advisory Committee
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 02:35:51 -0800

Dominik and all,

  Well IMO only, it would seem wise and reasonable that first
there must be a Independent Registrants Constituency lest this
proposed committee gets stacked with only existing Constituency
members and the same old musical chairs is propagated yet again,
and as a result the opinions of a tiny minority are represented as
a consensus of the many whom are not, and have never
been represented.

  Another method to avoid the above concern, is to have ALAC
global members/participants whom are registrants holding at least
2/3's of this new committee seats to ensure proper representation
of same and at the same time, or as you say in parallel, get the
Independent Registrants Constituency going and a new GNSO
council elected with the proper accurate representation for
the first time in ICANN's history.

  My guess is however neither of these things are going to be
allowed to happen as it would upset the current apple cart
of the current power structure in both ICANN and the GNSO,
leaving the IPC and the BC far less influential than they are
now.

  So Dominik, spread the word and thank you for standing up
for change!

jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Phone: 214-244-4827