Re: [ga] Matthew Hooker from Los Angeles ICANN meeting

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Matthew Hooker from Los Angeles ICANN meeting
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 20:49:36 -0800

Michael and all,

  I would clearly and pointedly disagree that the ICA members are
as you say "like minded" in regards to DNS issues and matters, which
may be why acceptance as a BC member, ICA is having some problems
of meeting with some resistance.  And your welcome as to my earlier
comments as to the ICA having a valuable voice that is largely not heard

or appropriately recognized in the ICANN GNSO structure, such as
it is...  Therefore although I can appreciate your efforts in attempting
join the BC, they are significantly misguided for the ICA members.

  Of course as you may already have gathered, the GNSO constituency
model/structure has long been skewed in favor of special interest groups

which represent a very tiny segment of the Registrant community and
who's
membership rules are so arcane and restrictive, even Byzantine, as to be
far
less than open and transparent or even broadly and in some cases
specifically
accountable.

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 277k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln

jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Phone: 214-244-4827