Re: [ga] Matthew Hooker from Los Angeles ICANN meeting

  • To: "Prophet Partners Inc." <Domains@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Matthew Hooker from Los Angeles ICANN meeting
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 18:00:40 -0800

Ted and all,

  I am not at all sure why you posted this, however the idea of
a registrants bill of rights has been around for more than 4 years
now, and ICANN cannot issue such without the approval of
the DOC/NTIA, which is very unlikely.

  However that stated, it is and has been clear for some time now
that a Independant Registrants Constituency is and has been necessary
but rejected by the GNSO council and subsequently the ICANN
Board.  This is both unfortunate and detramental in solving many
DNS related issues and policies that remain undolved or not fully
recognized.

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 277k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln

jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Phone: 214-244-4827