Re: [council] Point for Discussion

As far as I remember passing on a proxy during a meeting was quite
common back in the days where we still had this possibility. Given
that we are all volunteers, having a regular day job, there is not
always time to attend every meeting, hence a simple proxy option
is certainly desirable. At least from my recollection there was no
misuse of that practice.

tom

Am 12.07.2007 schrieb Ross Rader:
> Mike Rodenbaugh wrote:
> >Ross, why the limitation that proxy must be passed 'prior to the start
> >of the meeting'?  I have seen several times where a Councilor was at a
> >meeting but needed to leave before it ended, and sought at that point to
> >give a proxy (which I believe we have accepted that proxy vote on at
> >least a couple occasions).
>
> I'm not sure where that specific practice came from, it was just the way
> we did it :)
>
> Glen might be able to provide better insight though.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Ross Rader
> Director, Retail Services
> Tucows Inc.
>
> http://www.domaindirect.com
> t. 416.538.5492

Gruss,

tom

(__)
(OO)_____
(oo)    /|\     A cow is not entirely full of
  | |--/ | *    milk some of it is hamburger!
  w w w  w