RE: [registrars] Motion on Travel Funding

  • To: "Ross Rader" <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] Motion on Travel Funding
  • From: "Adrian Kinderis" <adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 01:51:16 +1100
  • Cc: "Peter Stevenson" <peter.stevenson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Registrars Constituency" <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ross,

ICANN's budget won't ever get lowered nor fees reduced - that is my
executive mind speaking. You make sure you spend your budget - period.
Otherwise you are "open for negotiation" at the following fiscal year!

My point is simply that, if it was indeed a good idea fund the GNSO or
GNSO activities it would be worthwhile expenditure of the budget. As I
said, there are many areas you could draw it from. I won't detail them
here, but will assist come budget time (next time round). They are
running a surplus at the moment...

Ross, why didn't you comment on the Nominating Committee (and instead
focussed on the Board) or am I wrong in assuming they are funded?

It is an interesting (and good) point you make about the Registrar
Constituency funding representatives? What do others think about this?
Would Constituency members be prepared to pay additional dues to support
such an activity?

Regards,

Adrian Kinderis
Managing Director
AusRegistry Group Pty Ltd
Level 8, 10 Queens Road
Melbourne. Victoria Australia. 3004
Ph: +61 3 9866 3710
Fax: +61 3 9866 1970
Email: adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: www.ausregistrygroup.com

The information contained in this communication is intended for the
named recipients only. It is subject to copyright and may contain
legally privileged and confidential information and if you are not an
intended recipient you must not use, copy, distribute or take any action
in reliance on it. If you have received this communication in error,
please delete all copies from your system and notify us immediately.