[ga] If you want to help ICANN

At 17:20 17/08/2007, Erick Iriarte Ahon wrote:
But, yes, i only sent emails about volleyball tournaments, futbol tournaments, and another things, and what do you do about it?. You want to define what is the correct and what is the incorrect about emails.

Internet is about networking, so are tournaments. Tournaments are multilateral and distributed. Internet is still unilateral and decentralised.
Two decades ago during the Mexican earthquake, e-mail, through Tymnet and the EMS small WU office in Cupertino, was the only link which kept functionning with the rest of the world. At that time US people gathered in solidarity through that tiny link. Times have improved.

I think you maybe do more than me for the internet and for the system,

show me something this GA has achieved. The GA is only a place for everyone from every constituency to talk to others. Don't mind, Montreal's motto is a good one "Bien faire et laisser braire".

BTW, this is supposed to be the GA of DNS oriented matters. I am pioneering the Multilingual Internet, meaning that when two Spanish speaking persons talk together they do not need to use/know English, like on the Internationalized Internet ICANN/IETF want to impose on us.

I suggest that you keep going with Spanish mails. RFC 4647 is about language filtering. May be could we test it in here and proceed like in any serious international institution: people speak their own favored main language (ICANN displays 6 of them as UN). When one wants to be international, the first courtesy is to not impose his own languagenational , culture, priorities, technologies, limitations, constraints, etc. The most rewarding thing is to learn from others.

i'm only work a little for the system, if you want to compare my job around internet and your job around internet maybe you can see some little differences. I put my life and all my energy to tried to use internet for development and not only for "business", you want to censure me, please go on, because people like you only understand internet like a business and not to use for the people to development.

GA Business?, our business is the use of internet for the people, the stability of the system, and how the system help in all the cases, you want a business? get money?, sorry i'm don't want that.

And if some one have problems whit my email, please apologies me,

Dedication means never having to apologise.

but at this moment my country was in a big crisis, and i really believe that "internet community" can help not only with money, with work, with people, helping in show the system can save lifes, use for connecting people, use for coordinate strategies to help people.

Has anyone in this thread asked himself (as the IETF did after the Tsunami, trying to develop an international alarm protocol) if the Internet technology could have helped save more lifes should the DNS not be blocked by the ICANN profit oriented paradigm, if IDNs worked, etc.

May be time to consider if ICANN could be helped to be helpfull in also fostering development, security, human respect, equal rights, etc. rather than competition only.

You don't read my email because is in spanish, and you don't take the time to translate: the coordinator of national disaster system said: "the only thing that help us was internet because all the things collapsed". Our business.. is the people, not the money.!!