Re: Enforcing the new GA List Rules (was ... [ga] If you want to help Peru)

Erick Iriarte Ahon stammered:

> I'm agree with you
>
> If you want really to put the Internet like an example of what you
> can do it, please read my email, the only system that support all the
> earthquake was the Internet.

What does this mean exactly?

> But, yes, i only sent emails about volleyball tournaments, futbol
> tournaments, and another things, and what do you do about it?. You
> want to define what is the correct and what is the incorrect about emails.

In the past I have already called attention to the inappropriate, indeed
IMHO 'obscene' display of 'fiddling while Rome is burning' attitude that
you display by posting your notices of volleyball tourneys on the GA list.
 What more can we do except complain at this juncture?

> I think you maybe do more than me for the internet and for the
> system, i'm only work a little for the system, if you want to compare
> my job around internet and your job around internet maybe you can see
> some  little differences. I put my life and all my energy to tried to
> use internet for development and not only for "business", you want to
> censure me, please go on, because people like you only understand
> internet like a business and not to use for the people to development.

Oh give us break with your purported self-sacrificing, self-righteous
martyrdom for the 'development' of people!  Without business there is no
development! After all, what exactly do you mean by development?

> GA Business?, our business is the use of internet for the people, the
> stability of the system, and how the system help in all the cases,
> you want a business? get money?, sorry i'm don't want that.

Why don't you tell us what you really want, eh comrade?

> And if some one have problems whit my email, please apologies me, but
> at this moment my country was in a big crisis, and i really believe
> that "internet community" can help not only with money, with work,
> with people, helping in show the system can save lifes, use for
> connecting people, use for coordinate strategies to help people.. You
> don't read my email because is in spanish, and you don't take the
> time to translate: the coordinator of national disaster system said:
> "the only thing that help us was internet because all the things
> collapsed". Our business.. is the people, not the money.!!

With due respect to the victims, I hardly think that the first response of
anyone caught in the Peruvian earthquake was to rush to find a connected
computer to download an email from the GA list to see if Erick Iriarte
Ahon is a Spanish-speaking humanitarian!  Not only was your post
completely irrelevant to the BUSINESS of this list, but your continued
indignant attitude is completely ridiculous.  How about giving us some
opinion(s) on matters that affect DNS issues for a change?

Sotiris Sotiropoulos