[ga] Censoring for Off Topic

  • To: jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] Censoring for Off Topic
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 08:43:00 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Right here is the problem. 1st, it is a probable violation. So that it may well need to be discouraged. And 2nd it is a problem because other people pile on and their conduct is just as actionable.

  So when we contemplate censoring "off topic" we must realize we will have to censor the responders.

  This is partially why the complaints are to be received by the moderator and not the whole list.

  I think for the time being Joe you should go through all the motions and work out the kinks and then issue the action you are inclined to take. It will not be long before we are able to then take action so working out the kinks now would be good.

  We are capable now to censor by not considering the censored party's posts on any matter of consensus or voting and also just in general.

  Eric
  As Chair

  PS. Maybe it is just a name thing, but I have always somewhat enjoyed the levity of the soccer announcements. But I guess I should enjoy it elsewhere.

jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
  Erick

Ok United States of America. Satisfied? Peru is in
the south american contanant so I suppose technically
speaking you are an American in that abstract sense.

I might be interested in a full contact martial arts
tournmant as a participant, perhaps kick boxing or rugby.
I played on the Dallas Harlaquins which beat Wales England
team in 1998 and 1999 for the rugby world championship at
that time.
None the less those topics are not on topic for this forum.