To: <debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "'ga'" <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <tlda-members@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "'`TLDA Member List'" <members@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2007 9:59 PM
Subject: Re: [ga] specific statements concerning the technical failure of ICANN

<snipped>

I think there is very little competence here or anywhere else in ICANN
for policy making.  As clearly pointed out in my summary of the
technical disaster ICANN has made of the Internet shows there is little
to no understanding of the technical issues behind the root.  One thing
that should be pushed for is the making public of root logs or traffic
analysis.  I bet only a handful of people on the GA even know what those
statistics are?  Once the GA and other policy bodies of ICANN can look
at those root analysis - only then will the commons be properly informed
on the technical side of this disaster to make effective policy.  Until
then the song three blind mice is appropriate to almost all policy making.

<snipped>