Re: [ga] List Rules (Not as GA Chair)

  • To: Joop Teernstra <terastra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] List Rules (Not as GA Chair)
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 07:16:38 -0700 (PDT)
  • Cc: ga <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Howdy Joop,

  Hey, that part was already there. I had a mind to at least rewrite it but said no to myself.
  My thought is that we can make the rules palatable to our minders the NC. They can accept them and in their mind we are more legitimate and a part of the ICANN structure and accorded more respect and access.
  With this platform in place we can seriously propose constituencies as should be. Clearly the most favored being an IDNO and the most obvious in today's sophisticated user world, IU. Relative priority being more political than correct.

  To my mind also the chair gets no protection as they have accepted to forgo such, by taking office. As a Doctorate of Law and instructor in the private IT world I think any monitoring and content oriented list management makes those of us in charge, publishers and liable for any matters such as copyright infringement. Big whoop di do.

  I think dirty laundry should be allowed on the list. It increases participation and makes the list more interesting. But alas that is not the will that I have discerned and therefor we prepare to regulate such matters. Sometimes a quandary between Chair and Dierker. It is more fun just being me.

  As to a prolific poster. I only get distracted when there are 40, member posts, in a day and then 8 -20 by someone on a rant while simultaneously commenting responses to every other poster as though what they have to say on each one is so important. I took out my calculator and asked a friend for help and realized that you could post 35 a week. And then you could post off list to those directly involved in a thread, and you could easy add 25 more. 60 a week should keep any OCD mind fulfilled.

  Thanks for the rav
  Eric

  PS OCD stands for Often Completely Delightful