Re: [ga] Rate Reduction

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Rate Reduction
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 05:26:58 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You are saying that it is akin to raising your prices one week so you can have a sale the next? Has anyone done an 800K study on the industry declination of costs? Clearly it is a macro economic fact. But generally we see non responsiveness to actual costs in cartels.

  Eric

"Prophet Partners Inc." <Domains@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
          Hi Eric,

  A $0.02 reduction in the ICANN fee, plus the $0.42 increase in the .com wholesale cost later this year, is still a minimum of a net $0.40 increase to registrants. If ICANN wants to impress anyone, they need to demonstrate that all domain registration fees are declining like other technology products and services.

  Sincerely,
  Ted
  Prophet Partners Inc.
  http://www.ProphetPartners.com