Re: [ga] Rate Reduction

  • To: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Rate Reduction
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 06:27:23 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Eric,

We have discussed the issue of a "study" previously.
Perhaps you recall the Board Resolution of 18 October
2006:

Resolved (06.___), the President is directed to
commission an independent study by a reputable
economic consulting firm or organization to deliver
findings on economic questions relating to the
domain registration market, such as:

* whether the domain registration market is one market
or whether each TLD functions as a separate market,

* whether registrations in different TLDs are
substitutable,

* what are the effects on consumer and pricing
behavior of the switching costs involved in moving
from one TLD to another,

* what is the effect of the market structure and
pricing on new TLD entrants,

and

* whether there are other markets with similar issues,
and if so how are these issues addressed and by who?

Perhaps someone on the Board or Staff can give us an
update regarding the status of this Economic Study?

--- Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> You are saying that it is akin to raising your
> prices one week so you can have a sale the next? Has
> anyone done an 800K study on the industry
> declination of costs? Clearly it is a macro economic
> fact. But generally we see non responsiveness to
> actual costs in cartels.

Got a little couch potato?