Re: [ga] Rate Reduction ( ICANN Review in order? )

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Rate Reduction ( ICANN Review in order? )
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 21:33:17 -0700
  • Cc: icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, icann staff <icann-staff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dr. Dierker and all,

  Good point, and usually but not always, correct.  Maybe
a ICANN Review is in order here?  Or maybe ICANN would
rather use such funds a review would cost for bringing some
Haitians to the LA meeting instead?

Hugh Dierker wrote:

>    You are saying that it is akin to raising your prices one week so
> you can have a sale the next? Has anyone done an 800K study on the
> industry declination of costs? Clearly it is a macro economic fact.
> But generally we see non responsiveness to actual costs in cartels.
>
>   Eric
>
> "Prophet Partners Inc." <Domains@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>           Hi Eric,
>
>   A $0.02 reduction in the ICANN fee, plus the $0.42 increase in the
> .com wholesale cost later this year, is still a minimum of a net $0.40
> increase to registrants. If ICANN wants to impress anyone, they need
> to demonstrate that all domain registration fees are declining like
> other technology products and services.
>
>   Sincerely,
>   Ted
>   Prophet Partners Inc.
>   http://www.ProphetPartners.com
>   http://www.Premium-Domain-Names.com

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827