Re: [ga] Proposal: New Cross-constituency mailing list

On 22:30 08/07/2007, Danny Younger said:
Whether their "organizations" exist is another matter entirely.

As for the reason why ISOC Chapters belong to ALAC, except your NY one (and may be another one) :-) Oh! I am sorry, I forgot: however being probably the eldest, we are no big and not American, so ....

Anyway, not much interested in that kind of jokes. More interested in real issues.

For example about http://mltf.org/070622-prop.pdf.
- Debbie Garside reacted publicly: I answered, but she has not responded yet.
- However, I am surprised that it was already read 74 times and some private follow-up started.

I know it is a serious matter, but I did not expect more than 30 reads and public or coporate experts not to react before two or three weeks. It means that the Internationalised English Internet vs. Multilingual Internet architectural issue raises more interest in the ICANN community than I expected. (May be the reason why George wants to lock himself in?). This may lead us to accelerate some steps.

BTW, anyone wanting to discuss the raised issues face to face in Paris this August is welcome (it happens that a few people are visiting in that period of the year).
jfc