Re: [ga] New Constituency

Ted and all,

  Ok, well maybe IDRC.ORG = Independent Registrants Constituency
is a better choice.  And I agree, unless or until we can come up with
a domain name, getting the legal work for 501(C)3 status can not be
completed, but it can be at least started, ergo prepared but not
actually filed.

  I have ask Dr. Dierker, or challenged him to at least
start this legal work with no result.  Maybe he is waiting for someone
on this forum to offer him payment or doing so?  Dr. Dierker??  One
can easily download all of the legal forms for a very minimal cost, which
I calculated at less than $500.00.  So the only remaining cost would be
determinant on which state in which we wanted to actually file in.  I
would suggest either Delaware or Calif.  As Calif. is Dr. Dierker's home
state, he may find it a bit more advantageous if he will do the minimal
legal work pro bono, which given his non answer, I am assuming he
will not do so, which gives me pause...

  However now it seems that Dr. Dierker is more interested in
more debate and discussion revolving around a more inclusive
At Large or getting the GA rerecognized.  From where I sit
anyway this approach, although laudable in the latter respect,
is very unlikely to succeed given the history of the GA, the
IDNO, and the fact that ICANN doesn't want a GA of any
sort that is too inclusive as to membership, nor for that matter
a competing At Large with ICANN creation and fully owned,
ALAC.  Ergo this strategy I believe to be flawed accordingly.

  However all this yet again restated for the I don't know how
many times now, I do believe there is a chance that a registrants
constituency which is self funded, and a GA which is also
self funded, have a chance of being accepted, where the
registrants constituency, i.e. "Independent Registrants Constituency"
is a new constituency, and the GA is a true "General Assembly" for
non represented users or registrants.  Hence here again why I have
yet again  made these suggestions and the challenge to Dr. Dierker
as well as my remarks in respect to same above.

  So "we" can step up to the plate and actually do something
positive, or we can continue the mental and verbal masturbation
on this forum only talking about all sorts of nonsense with no action.

Prophet Partners Inc. wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
>
> All 3-letter domains in .com, .net, .org, .info and .biz are long gone.
> IUC.org has been registered since Jan 27,1999 and IRC.org has been
> registered since Sept 16, 1993. We either need to consider a 4-letter
> acronym for an available domain name or pony up the cash to buy the domain
> name we want from an existing registrant. IMO, there's no sense in pursuing
> incorporation or 501(C)3 status until we have a domain name.
>
> Sincerely,
> Ted
> Prophet Partners Inc.
> http://www.ProphetPartners.com