Re: [ga] expiration of TLD sponsorship agreements

  • To: Joe Baptista <baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] expiration of TLD sponsorship agreements
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 23:05:47 -0700
  • Cc: Edward Hasbrouck <edward@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, icann staff <icann-staff@xxxxxxxxx>, Palmer Hamilton <PalmerHamilton@xxxxxxxxxxx>, estark@xxxxxxxxxxxx, Suszanne Sene <ssene@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Joe Ed and all,

  Seems yet again that some oversight wasn't done here.  And
thank you Joe and Ed for staying on top of this.  I wonder
now if we all can expect similar results with the new sponsored
TLD .BANK in the not so distant future?  In any event, I am
sure Joe and Ed will be watching closely.

Joe Baptista wrote:

> Edward Hasbrouck wrote:
>
> >There's a strange reference in ICANN's report this month on registry
> >failure and continuity planning to "the current .aero sponsorship
> >agreement".  But it was a 5-year agreement, concluded in late 2001, that
> >expired in late 2006.  I can find no indication of a "current" agreement.
> >
> >Was there some undisclosed (and procudurally improper) renewal or
> >extension of the ICANN-SITA agreement?  Or is ICANN just ignoring the
> >expiration of the .aero, .museum, and .coop agreements, to avoid dealing
> >with the implications of the sponsors no longer being contracted to ICANN?
> >

> ???? There was a revelation for SITA in 2005
>
> http://www.publicroot.org/news-2005-09-30-resignations.html
>
> SITA certainly leanred a valuable lesson.
>
> regards
> joe baptista
>
> >I've commented on this at:
> >
> >http://forum.icann.org/lists/registry-failure-report/msg00003.html
> >

> >----------------
> >Edward Hasbrouck
> ><edward@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> ><http://hasbrouck.org>
> >+1-415-824-0214
> >

> --
> Joe Baptista                                www.publicroot.org
> PublicRoot Consortium
> The future of the Internet is Open, Transparent, Inclusive,
> Representative & Accountable to the Internet community @large.
>   Office: +1 (202) 517-1593
>      Fax: +1 (509) 479-0084

>                       Name: baptista.vcf
>    baptista.vcf       Type: VCard (text/x-vcard)
>                   Encoding: 7bit

Regards

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827