Re: [ga] Chair election dates

At 05:29 p.m. 15/03/2007, Rod Dixon, J.D., LL.M. wrote:
As a precursor to voting for chair/vice chair, it seems appropriate
to determine/vote on the term of the office(s).

Rod,

Delighted to see your participation!

I understood that there was a sort of consensus for a 6 months term.

As so much else about the role is still undetermined it would seem unwise to commit for a longer term.

Even before that,
however, the question I have is whether the GA members may do
anything other than debate/discuss ICANN issues. Without an
authoritative green light from the GNSO, on what basis do we proceed?
Is there an ICANN board member supportive of the GA's self-re- organizing effort? I do not have any answers to my questions, but I
am hopeful someone reading this might. To say the obvious: if some
assurances are forthcoming, it would be better to proceed with some
assurances than none. Let's not waste effort.

I agree with Rod that another wasted effort to give the GA a voice and ability to set its' own agenda will only confirm the participants that it is all a "lost cause".

Is there any ICANNite here who is willing to utter a word of support?

-joop-